Tuesday 11 June 2013

The time is nearly upon us ...

So, the time has come. Tomorrow we'll be packing the bikes into a hire car and driving to Fishguard.  

I've spent the evening refining my kit and packing it into the saddle bag.  I know how much I weigh, I know how much the bike weighs and I know how much the loaded bag weighs - all of them surprisingly less than you might think. I've loaded the route maps onto my Garmin and I've also ripped six pages out of an old road atlas as back-up.

The weather forecast looked OK yesterday but now it looks like Thursday and Friday will be showery with strong westerly winds - at least the wind will help us along.



Throughout each day I'll try to post some updates with pictures via our Twitter account and then in the evening I'll try to write a blog post with some thoughts on the day and a few pictures.  This is of course dependent on us finding some food to keep us in good humour and WiFi or mobile phone reception.  I'm not sure how the blog updates from my phone will turn out so excuse any bad formatting and spelling.

Please also have a look at the fundraising link at the top of the right hand column on this page.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment