Friday 10 May 2013

Training gets serious

This week-end I'm attempting to ride 102 miles in one day on the Action Medical Research Suffolk Sunrise ride.  This will be more than I've managed in all but one week so far this year!

My Garmin data and Endomondo tell me that I've ridden 826 miles in 2013 so far.  My weekly average is about 43 miles and the longest ride I've done is just under 50 miles.  Is this enough with less than 6 weeks to go?




If I compare this to the two times I did the Dragon Ride - a one day 120 mile ride - then the first year I did over 2000 miles of training between January and end of May and the second year it was a few hundred less. My weekly average was well over 100.



So will I manage the full 102 miles on Sunday or will I bail out onto the 68 mile route.  A strong headwind is forecast for the last section so it could be tough.

I'll let you know.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment