Saturday 4 May 2013

Right, we're on !

After much planning and deliberation we have now finally agreed and confirmed that we are doing this ride from 13th to 16th June 2013.  It now seems a bit too real!

Given that I in particular haven't done much training this is going to be a bit of a challenge.  The last time I rode more than 50 miles in one day was in June 2011 on the Wiggle Dragon Ride.  Since then I'm not sure I've done 100 miles in a week let alone a day. 

There's just under six weeks to go now so I need to do a couple of long rides to remind myself how to eat and drink the right amount to keep me going for seven hours in the saddle.

The F2F will require 80-90 miles of riding on four consecutive days.  Our plan is to ride for two hours or so at a time and then stop for some food and drink.  We're not aiming for a particular speed or time so will take it relatively easy and just enjoy the ride and the scenery.

Two of the three required nights B&Bs are booked and Carradice SQR Tour saddle bags have been ordered and received.  The rest of the logistics will hopefully be sorted out next week.

More info on the route and the ride is available on the static pages shown in the menu bar under the header image so have a look around.



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment